Creating a Webhook (WH) from a Webhook Template (WHT) allows you to benefit from a configuration that has already been defined by Certainly or an Agency in the Webhook Builder. This helps simplify the action of adding WHs to a bot and better services Companies.
In this article, we'll explore:
- Creating a Webhook from a Webhook Template
- Altering the configuration of a Webhook created from a Webhook Template
- Access limitations based on user role
Creating a Webhook from a Webhook Template
- Navigate to the WH Builder, then select "Create from Template":
- This opens the WH Marketplace, where you can search for available WHTs. Select the desired WHT to create a new instance. You can see an example of a WHT below:
- Make any necessary alterations and fill in the empty fields. The WHT may have a description at the top with instructions for configuration and usage. You can learn more about the various WH sections in our article on creating a WH from scratch.
See below for additional considerations regarding WH configuration and role limitations.
- Finally, select "Save Webhook". The Webhook will now be ready for use in your bot.
If you're part of an Agency, remember to assign the WH to a Company:
Altering the configuration of a Webhook created from a Webhook Template
When you create a WH from a WHT, the basic configuration may be unalterable, depending on how the WHT owner configured it. A combination of fixed and editable values may be the right mix for your specific use case.
Although Custom Variables may have already been added, you're still able to add additional Custom Variables in the "Custom Variables" section.
If you add an already-existing Custom Variable name, there will be an error message for the newly added Custom Variable. The already-existing Custom Variable will not be editable or removable, so in this case, you would have to either rename or delete the newly-added one.
Access limitations based on user role
Please keep in mind that depending on your user role (whether you're part of an Agency or a Company), your access to certain sections may be limited, as is noted here:
- In Basic Data, Agencies will have the option to select the Company to whom they wish to assign the WH. This option is not available for Companies, as they're not able to assign WHs to anyone but themselves.
- Similarly, Authentication is a section for which only Agencies are able to alter the Type.