In order to get you ready to start creating your own chatbot, we've created a video series that gives you a brief overview of the platform and its functions. Please feel free to check it out here:
Pick a bot, any bot!
When you first enter the Certainly Platform you can choose between four different bots. The Beginner's Bot, the Starterbot, the Starterbot Zendesk, and the Do It Yourself (DIY) Bot. You can add as many bots as you want to an account, so it's possible to test all four. In this article we will provide a quick overview of the different functionalities each type of bot offers:
The Beginner's Bot is a bot that we've designed to offer you an introduction to how chatbots work and to provide an overview of the basic functionalities within the platform. The bot contains a number of resources such as videos, and links to relevant material.
Starterbot is based on our experience of what chatbot typically contains and you can choose both a Danish and an English version of the Starterbot. This type of chatbot is therefore great to reduce time spent on creating communication flows, as they have already been made for you. The different flows should be seen as a suggestion of how to use the chatbot, but it can easily be changed in order to suit your needs perfectly.
Starterbot can handle both text chat and also click chat. In the Starterbot we offer two pre-built starting modules, which means that the chatbot can start the chat differently depending on the subpage it is integrated on.
Overview of the Starterbot's functionality
- You can choose the Starterbot in Danish or English
- There is an introduction to the chatbot and its capabilities
- The main menu, where the chatbot will ask how they can help the end user
- A FAQ with five different paths and 15 subcategories for each path
- 25 global connections and a special entry to each of the five different FAQ-paths via text chat
- A human takeover flow. This is a flow where someone in your staff will take over the conversation from the chatbot
- Fallback path, which is a message that appears when the chatbot can’t understand the end user input
- KPI tags, which are tags that are placed on either starting modules, handover/take-over modules, and fallback modules. They measure the number of end users that have been through the different paths of your chatbot
- An end message
The Starterbot Zendesk is a bot that we've designed to give you an introduction to how our platform works and to provide an overview of the platform's functionalities. What sets this type of bot apart from the standard Starterbot, is that it gives you a thorough walk-through of how you can integrate your bot with Zendesk.
It will introduce you to a number of different types of integrations, such as:
- Zendesk Support, where you can use webhooks to open the latest ticket, through the use of the email address of the end user.
- Zendesk Chat, where you can use webhooks to check if an agent is available in Zendesk, and hand the end user over to the agent.
- Zendesk Guide, where you can add a webhook that allows you to use your bot to search for relevant articles and display them in a message to the end user.
The Do It Yourself (DIY) Bot only contains one module: a starting module. This means that you can build your chatbot from scratch, which is great if you have an idea for how to build the chatbot flow.
It’s also possible to work in a CSV file, which you can download from the right sidebar menu under “Import modules” by choosing "Templates". Once you have created the modules in the CSV file you can import them using “Import modules” “Templates”.
It should be noted, that creating the communication flow from scratch is a more time-consuming method of creating a chatbot, but the DIY Bot can be useful if you are working on a big chatbot and the Starterbot does not cover your needs.